Online courses that have been offered at SCC
The number of online courses offered
at Sampson Community College continues to grow each year.
Web courses offer students the flexibility that traditional face-to-face
classes do not provide. A significant number of students are
older, work, and have families of their own. Sometimes it
is difficult to attend class at fixed time intervals on a weekly
basis. Online courses afford students the flexibility to perform
course work at times convenient to them. For some students
there are economic benefits as well such as not having to take time
off from work, paying a baby sitter to watch the children, gas used
driving to and from school, and so on.
One of the biggest misconceptions students
have is that online courses are easier than face-to-face courses.
In reality nothing could be further from the truth. Just because
web courses are more convenient does not necessarily mean they are
easier. Students are responsible for their own learning and
must manage their time effectively as there is much reading, numerous
assignments, and tests that need to be taken.
Web courses offered at Sampson Community
College have grown at a steady pace over the past five years.
Additional courses will continue to be added to the class schedule
each semester. Several new web courses are currently being
developed. Following is a list of online courses that have
been offered in the past, are currently being offered, or will be
offered in the near future.
Community College Online Course Offerings:
- ACC 140 Payroll Accounting
- ANS 110 Animal Science
- ANS 140 Swine Production
- ANS 141 Swine Herd Management
- ANS 160 Animal Waste Management
- ANS 193 Selected Topics in Animal Science
- ANS 210 Livestock Production Issues
- BUS 110 Introduction to Business
- BUS 115 Business Law I
- BUS 116 Business Law II
- BUS 137 Principles of Management
- BUS 153 Human Resources Management
- BUS 240 Business Ethics
- CIS 110 Introduction to Computers
- CJC 112 Criminology
- CJC 113 Juvenile Justice
- CJC 141 Corrections
- CJC 212 Ethics and Community Relations
- ECO 151 Survey of Economics
- EDU 144 Child Development I
- EDU 145 Child Development II
- EDU 221 Children with Exceptionalities
- EDU 234 Infants, Toddlers, Twos
- EDU 280 Literacy Experiences
- EDU 282 Early Childhood Literature
- ENG 111 Expository Writing
- ISC 112 Industrial Safety
- MKT 120 Principles of Marketing
- NET 110 Data Communication and Networking
- OST 080 Basic Keyboarding
- PSY 150 General Psychology
- SPA 111 Elementary Spanish I
- SOC 210 Introduction to Sociology
- SOC 220 Social Problems
- SOC 244 Sociology of Death & Dying
Courses marked in the class
schedule as "0W" or anything following the letter "W"
are web courses. If you have doubts about taking an online
course make a point to speak with your advisor about it.